December 23, 2008

betty the snow mustang


As most of you know, we have dubbed David's car with the affectionate name Betty. Betty is a special part of our family, which is why I had to blog this event. :)

Due to the snow, Betty hasn't seen much driving time. Well plowed roads and clearing of the sky, David decided to take a chance and take her to work. He made it all the way home and got stuck right in front of our mailboxes. Thanks to the City of Kennewick, we have a huge pile to plow through to make it into our cul-de-sac. While wrapping presents and watching a Christmas movie, I get a phone call from my sweet husband to bring a shovel. I will be honest and say that the first thought was "UGH, are you kidding me?!" David and I didn't make much head way just the two of us. You would think that three 50lb bags of landscaping rocks in the trunk would help give a bit of oomph. We tried cardboard and still no luck. I believe with all my heart that the Lord sent us our neighbors & dear friends to drive by at that very moment. Thank you doesn't seem enough for all that they did. Thank you to Cheree, Courtnee and Troy for their generous hearts, shovels and willingness to to help push Betty home. Without their help, I believe that we would all still be out there shoveling & pushing. Thank you Lord for such wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!