I have had a few days now to look back over the time that passed by while David worked R19 at work (the outage or the "meltdown" as my mom so fondly calls it). I honestly can't believe that for us, it is over. It really and truly went by quickly. I remember when David told me about the schedule that was in our future. I about collapsed when I found out it was starting almost a month earlier and that is was ALL night shifts. I had feelings of anger, frustration, loss, anxiety, sadness...the emotions were all there. I clung to a verse during the whole time...Philipians 4:13. It is such a simple verse, but one that gave me such encouragement. I learned alot about myself and I know that if it weren't for the peace and love that I have in Christ, I couldn't have made it...we couldn't have made it. David was able to have 4 days off before heading back to work yesterday. It was something like a dream...to have him here to enjoy the little things again was wonderful. My mom was able to be here too. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies...Our house was a "tub of love". Thank you to all of you who were there to listen and encourage over a cup of coffee, hang out with at a local park or invite us over to your home for some playtime. I appreciate and care for all of you so much! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!