When it comes to parties, I am all about the decorations. I love to set the mood and create some memorable moments for my girlies and their friends. With the theme of space, it was really hard to decide how to decorate. I ended up thinking on a large scale, this meant using my garage. This most of the time gets me into trouble, but I had the help of my mom and my brothers to help out. I would not have gotten it done a whole day before, if I didn't have their assistance. A huge THANK YOU goes out to my family. They helped with a little of this and a little of that, they brought tables, blew up balloons, cut and hung stars, placed planets and helped with anything I asked of them. They rock. Ok, now onto the good stuff!
Planets - I had thought about making planets, but realized that I wouldn't be able to get them made in enough time and weighing the cost of supplies, I decided to purchase a set. I found a great set on Amazon and have been really happy with how they look. They were perfect.
Space: Black banquet table plastic from Cash and Carry. ☺
Stars: Several were glow-in-the-dark ones that I found at the local Dollar Tree and the rest were cut out of white copy paper.
Asteroid belt: ping pong balls hung on fishing line.
Sun: A yellow paper lantern from Ikea with yellow tissue and orange streamers cut into frayed strips. I attached them with tape so I can use the lantern for other things in the future. I place a large yellow glow stick inside the sun to help it have a special glow when the lights were turned out. ☺
Little planets, comets and clusters: They came in packs from the local Dollar Tree and were glow-in-the-dark.
What helped pull all of these things together were black lights. I purchased some for the garage lights and borrowed a couple from my brother. It made the stars and the glow-in-the-dark things come to life, it was awesome! We also gave each of the kids glow-in-the-dark bracelets to add to the fun. It was definately space-tastic!
Space Invites!

It looks great, I'm bummed we missed it. I look forward to seeing more details on here :) Great work Sarah!
ReplyDeleteI love the before and after pictures!! Another fab party! Awesome job!
ReplyDelete