I have been so overwhelmed lately. Christmas, snow and ice, vacation from school, life, laundry and a husband's hand surgery. I feel bad that I haven't blogged in a while. I had plans to do this and that and it didn't happen. I didn't even take pictures at Christmas, a first, I am ashamed to say. On a happy note, we did have a great Christmas and I was so blessed by the simpleness of it.
I am currently playing caregiver and nurse to my husband who is recovering from a tendon re-alignment surgery. He will be home for the next month or a little less recouperating. He had been experiencing lots of swelling and discomfort and in order to prevent any more damage, it had to be fixed. I feel so blessed and fortunate that we will have all of this time together and that I have been able to care for him. I will be honest though, I am tired, very tired. It is a lot of work caring for someone who has no use of their primary hand. He is so gracious and loving and says that I don't have to do this or that, but it makes me happy to love on him. The first few days were hard because he was in a lot of pain and discomfort. You are helpless to provide relief and then other things pop-up because of the pain and meds. Thankfully, today he is starting to feel a smidge better, YAY! We were hoping to go home to visit my family just over the mountains, but due to circumstances related to his surgery, we choose to stay home. I am bummed and the girls are bummed, but he is most important right now. I know that God gives us no more than we can handle...I guess I should be flattered that God thinks I can handle two very rambunctious girls and a recovering husband, but seriously?! I was reminded by a dear friend (right when I needed it) of this verse: I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13
I can, I can do all things, even this. ☺
I hope to catch up, soon. Until then, have a wonderful New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!