It is so hard to not read through blogs and wish that yours was like theirs...
the designs, the fonts, the pictures, the content.
I sit and wish that I had come up with that fun tutorial on making the 'cutest sewn thing you have ever seen' or creating the 'yummiest and cutest treats' or being able to photograph those things in such a way that they should be put into a book. *sigh* I am always on the look-out for creative ideas and fun things to do. Sadly, I think I will always be the one using that tutorial and wishing I could make that cute treat instead of creating them myself. I end up depressed after those
I have several friends who LOVE The Pioneer Woman. If you do not know who she is, click here. She recently came out with a book about her life and the romance between her and her husband. I have heard it is quite an awesome read and one 'not to be put down'. A sweet friend said, "I read it in 5 hours, it is that good." I love a good book and will probably have to get myself on the waiting list at our library. ☺
Anyways, with all the talk about her and her story or how amazing her recipes are, I thought I would check her website out. It is beautiful. It is one that is very easy to envy. I learned today that she has been blogging about her life for about 5 years now. Every entry (that I read today) is humorous, honest and real. They are filled with pictures, recipes and adventures.
There was a post that caught my eye...Ten Important Things I’ve Learned About Blogging. "Hmmmm". I clicked and read and read. It struck a chord with me. I realized that I am not being myself, but trying to be so and so, on this blog or that blog. I need to re-focus and blog like she recommends. *insert a sigh of relief* I guess I am not the only one in this whole realm of blogging that struggles with an identity. I do not have aspirations of becoming someone like her or having a website/blog that brings in tens of thousands each day. Geez, I struggle blogging regularly knowing that I have 5 followers and a handful of
I am going to be putting her '10 things' to good use. I appreciated her insight and encouraging words. It is good to get 'an elbow in the ribs' for some perspective adjusting. My life has been a little up-side down. I have been down, actually struggling is more like it, this I think, might help. Thank you, Ree. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!