March 1, 2011

A girl and her hairdryer.

Today, my hairdryer died. I will really miss it.

It made an awful crack sound, then a loud spark-shooting noise, followed by tons of stinky smoke. I was sure the smoke alarm would go off at any moment, so thankful it didn't. I was drying Little Cute's hair when this horrific event took place. I am thankful that it didn't shoot fire, melt her hair or electrocute me. We were both pretty shook-up by the experience. I quickly unplugged the thing and ran it into the garage. I love how this happens as we are in a mad-dash to make it to school on time. Never fails.

It was an awesome hairdryer. It had tons of 'blowing power' and lots of 'hotness'. I felt like I was on a photo shoot sometimes because of the amount of air that would shoot out it's nozzle.☺ My mom has a hairdryer that has no 'blowing power' and too much 'hotness'. It is like my scalp is on fire and my hair is still damp and limp. There isn't any power or gusto behind it...so weird. I honestly have no idea how she still can use it. Anyway, back to my story. I have had several hairdryers over the years and none of them ever lived up to, literally, the length of time I have had this one.

Thinking back, it is funny how I came to have a relationship with this hairdryer. It was given to me by a lady that used to attend our church. She asked me one day, "Hey, do you need a hairdryer?" The diffuser I bought for my daughter's curly hair doesn't fit on it. I need to buy a different one. "Um, sure!" I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands. I mean, who doesn't want a free hairdryer?! ☺ Little did I know the long relationship we would have, we were going on like, 7 years. My friends, I believe in hairdryer years, that is an eternity. We traveled the world together, took road trips to the beach, enjoyed each other's company in the wee hours of the morning. David even used it a few times to defrost the fridge or dry the water out of our water heater. The thing was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

The only good thing in all this is that, I can spend a few extra $$ and get one that has like pink rhinestones or robin's egg blue polka-dots or some fun and cute print. I am not one to totally love the whole 'black and silver' combo. Do you think there is one that has cupcakes on it??! *gasp* Ok, footnote here..I just Googled and didn't find any. Bummer. Hopefully, I can find one that is awesome with tons of blowing power AND cuteness. I just might have to get all creative and make one. ☺

Remington PRO AIR 1875, may you RIP.



3 comments:

  1. I love the picture!!! It's so dramatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should try to mod podge one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee. The picture is totally my favorite!

    I am so excited, David ordered me one last night. It is total cuteness and hopefully has tons of 'blowing power'. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!