I did it. I joined the garage sale love club. ☺ I never thought this day would come, but it did and I am very excited. As many of you remember, I kind of rambled the other day about my house and how it wasn't to my liking...Ok, so my sweet friend and several of her friends are having a garage sale this weekend. I decided to stop by and visit and look around. I had not even thought about making any purchases and I spied with my little eye this table tucked away on the front porch. Hmmmmm. My crafty, home beautification brain started spinning. I have been wanting a new dining room table for a loooooooong time. It had all of the things I wanted: four legs instead of a pedestal, large diameter circle shape, a leaf for company, quality craftsmanship...eeek. I called the husband to check with him and then checked with the friends selling it. It wasn't in awesome shape or in the color I would desire. I am a bit nervous to make it my first refurbish project, but I think the results will be exciting! Thank you goes out to my sweet friend for giving me a splendid deal. I can't wait to make it my own! ☺ Now, to find it some cute chairs...
May 20, 2011
My first garage sale purchase.
R20 - day 48
I did it. I joined the garage sale love club. ☺ I never thought this day would come, but it did and I am very excited. As many of you remember, I kind of rambled the other day about my house and how it wasn't to my liking...Ok, so my sweet friend and several of her friends are having a garage sale this weekend. I decided to stop by and visit and look around. I had not even thought about making any purchases and I spied with my little eye this table tucked away on the front porch. Hmmmmm. My crafty, home beautification brain started spinning. I have been wanting a new dining room table for a loooooooong time. It had all of the things I wanted: four legs instead of a pedestal, large diameter circle shape, a leaf for company, quality craftsmanship...eeek. I called the husband to check with him and then checked with the friends selling it. It wasn't in awesome shape or in the color I would desire. I am a bit nervous to make it my first refurbish project, but I think the results will be exciting! Thank you goes out to my sweet friend for giving me a splendid deal. I can't wait to make it my own! ☺ Now, to find it some cute chairs...
I did it. I joined the garage sale love club. ☺ I never thought this day would come, but it did and I am very excited. As many of you remember, I kind of rambled the other day about my house and how it wasn't to my liking...Ok, so my sweet friend and several of her friends are having a garage sale this weekend. I decided to stop by and visit and look around. I had not even thought about making any purchases and I spied with my little eye this table tucked away on the front porch. Hmmmmm. My crafty, home beautification brain started spinning. I have been wanting a new dining room table for a loooooooong time. It had all of the things I wanted: four legs instead of a pedestal, large diameter circle shape, a leaf for company, quality craftsmanship...eeek. I called the husband to check with him and then checked with the friends selling it. It wasn't in awesome shape or in the color I would desire. I am a bit nervous to make it my first refurbish project, but I think the results will be exciting! Thank you goes out to my sweet friend for giving me a splendid deal. I can't wait to make it my own! ☺ Now, to find it some cute chairs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you could've put my face on wordless wednesday after reading that post! good job friend, enjoy the process, it will be so rewarding! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Colleen! I am soo excited. We just need to get/borrow some tools to start working on it. I might be calling you for some tips! ☺
ReplyDelete