Big Sis's birthday is coming up exactly in 13 days. My little project is perfect and will help her know how many more days are left until her birthday. You could use this same idea for a holiday, a special trip...anything where you are patiently counting down the days.
Here is what you need to make your own countdown:
12 count egg carton
fun tissue paper
Trim all of the center dividers and anything else to make it level with the outside of the carton. Turn the carton upside down and trace the outside of the carton onto the tissue, cut out. Set it aside for later. ☺
Fill each compartment with your little treasures. This was my favorite part!! I put confetti in each compartment along with a the treasures. Big Sis chose Angry Birds for her party theme, I couldn't resist adding a little of that in there too.
For a little extra fun, make circle shapes to go over the top of each compartment. This also helps any eyes from peeking through the tissue. ☺
I wanted to make sure that Big Sis didn't get the same item each day she counted down. I made sure to lay out the numbers so that wouldn't happen. I also have a special treasure for the last day of the countdown. I wanted to make sure she didn't open that one too early. ☺
Using a glue stick, place all of your circles onto your tissue-paper top. Take the glue stick and run it around the edges and any other nooks and crannies to secure your top.
All finished! Happy counting down to your special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!