Happy Labor Day!
I just had to look up how long our country has been celebrating it and what the purpose was. I know, something I should have remembered learning in school, guess I didn't log that one away. According to a website that has semi-trustworthy information, our country started celebrating this day back in 1882 AND its observance celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers. ☺ Nice!
The girlies and I were pretty lonely after our house full of company left yesterday. When I asked what they would like to do, baking cookies was at the top of their list. Little Cute picked out sugar cookies and we went to work. I was given this recipe at my bridal shower many years ago. I LOVE this recipe. It is one that you can throw together in a jiff and it makes LOTS.
ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups flour
cookies:
Cream together butter and sugar till fluffy. Scrape bowl. Add egg and vanilla, beat together till fluffy. Scrape bowl. Add in slowly, baking powder and flour until combined. {Sometimes, my dough doesn't come together in a ball right away. I will scrape the bowl and then mix until it does. It can be dry sometimes too. I just sprinkle a bit of water and mix. It normally does the trick. ☺}
Cut ball in half and roll out to desired thickness. Use cookie cutters to make shapes, transfer to pan. Sprinkle with colored sugars or jimmies and bake OR bake the plain cookie and frost when cooled. Your baking temp is 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
We like to sprinkle with sugars here. If you like to frost your cookies, here is the recipe that came with them. I use this frosting for EVERYTHING. It is simple and yummy. I heart homemade frosting. ☺
frosting:
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2-2 tablespoons milk.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cream butter until fluffy. Gently combine powdered sugar until small pea shapes appear. Mix in milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time till the frosting is the consistency you desire. Mix in vanilla. You are now ready to frost your cookies! ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!