March 13, 2012

tip-ful tuesday -- easy-peasy yarn storage.

Hello dearest blog friends!

I have been so enamored with the pleasantries of Pinterest that I forget about my sweet ol' blog sometimes. I have a tip to share today! Yipee! I have also become distracted with a new love, crocheting!

I love to be organized. It makes this type-A gal really happy. The methods sometimes can be expensive and time consuming. Ick. I have a tip today that will allow you to be organized quickly and for FREE. Yes, free my friends.


Did I mention that I have a new love, crocheting? I have made so many projects and with that I have lots of leftover yarn. I have seen fancy and expensive {in my mind anyways}spools to keep your yarn tidy and organized. I have spent too many hours trying to untangle rogue yarn, but couldn't be convinced to pay for a way to organize them. What is my solution you ask?


 Toilet paper tubes! I know, how cool! ☺

I was saving them for a craft project that never came to be. I raided my little stash and set to work. ☺

Take your yarn piece and start winding around the end.


Keep winding and winding until you are left with a small tail.
Take your scissors and make a small snip in the top of the tube.

 Tuck your tail into the snip.

Ta-daa! You have now organized your yarn! They are easy to store or tuck into your crocheting/knitting bag.

 Now with my yarn organized, I can easily make more of these sweet little things. Yay!


Speaking of being organized...I made this cute and handy crochet hook organizer clutch. The gals over at Little Birdie Secrets did a wonderful job with the tutorial. ☺ 

2 comments:

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!