April 23, 2012

my little blue friend.

Have you ever had a craft or DIY fail? I have had my share of them; can I be honest and say that they really, really stink!?! I just had one. I am bummed, really bummed. Maybe, I'm in a  kind of mourning? I know this: I spent lots of time making all of those tight and little single crochets, my middle finger on my left hand hurts in this one spot and I really dislike Amigurumi. {sigh}

So what is my craft fail you ask?

I was happily pinning awhile back and found these lovelies. Aren't they wonderful?!! Cupcakes + crochet = perfect! Kristy over at Paisley Jade raved about how easy and quick they were. She made these and several others. I was smitten by all of the cupcake cuteness, I had to make some myself. The original pattern came from {here}. ☺

This is how mine turned out...


David said that it didn't really look like a cupcake but looked like a little blue friend with a hat. It kind of resembles this little guy. Not what I was going for. {long frustrated sigh}I tried to make a cherry, didn't help either. She looked the cutest with the flower. Maybe my eyes are too big? Hmmm. I will try Amigurumi again, but not anytime soon. I still don't know what to think of her. Well, now I have a fun little companion to visit with in my crafty room. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!