May 8, 2012

tip-ful tuesday.

Are you ready for a tip that will blow your mind? Ok, it probably won't but it is a good one to know. ☺


Did you know that baking powder can lose its ability to rise? 

Nope, I had no idea. I was a little concerned and ran into my spice cabinet to give it a test.

To test yours out, try this:

Measure out about a 1/4 cup of water. You need hot water to make it work, so I just heated it up in the microwave. It was so steamy that it fogged up my camera lens. ☺

Place 1/2 teaspoon of your baking powder into your hot water.

 

If your baking powder is still fresh, the water will bubble actively.


SWEET! Mine passed the test! I was a little worried. I can't remember when I bought this.

If you try this tip out, let me know. I hope we all pass with flying colors! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!