I have a new love, my friends. Limes.
Sorry David. ☺
I knew that they were always there in the produce section. I would spy the cute little green balls that scream summer, Mexican food, festiveness, margaritas {mmmmm} and my favorite body lotion. Sadly, I would always walk by and never put them in my cart. What was I thinking? Apparently, I wasn't.
I have recently gotten back on track to get fit and ready for Summer weather. Can I just say that it stinks?! I like feeling fit and healthy but getting there really takes willpower and I have none. It is especially hard when the "Riddles" Skittles in my cupboard are screaming calling my name. I keep reminding myself that I can do it. I didn't get to where I am overnight, so it will take NOT overnight to get where I want to be. {sigh}
I have been a WW Lifetime member for a long time. I love the program and the strategies behind it. It fits my life. It might not be the best for everyone, but I really have had great success when sticking to it. It boils down to laziness. It gets monotonous having to measure EVERYTHING. I get cocky and think, "You are a pro, you don't need to measure this." Next thing I know, 6 sneaky pounds showed up. UGH.
You are probably asking yourself where the limes come into play, huh? Well, here it is...
With the WW pointsplus system you get fruits {in a reasonable amount} for free. I get really bored eating plain fruit. I want to sprinkle some sweetener and make it more palatable, but that would defeat the point of them being "free". I turned to my new love, the lime. I had a bowl of berries and squeezed a little bit of lime juice on top. Um, WOW! It perked them right up. I have since tried some other fruits and it was tasty too. The berries and the lime reminded me of my favorite adult beverage...
I am tempted to try and add a splash of some Cuervo and a sprinkle of salt next time. ☺
Give my new love a go. Let me know what you think!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!