July 9, 2012

I heart {crochet}.

I do. 

I love it.

Here lately I have been crocheting a lot. I know, all things in moderation, but I can't help it.

It's hard to practice this philosophy when I have found so much inspiration on Pinterest. I wish that there were more hours in the day to work on it all. {sigh} While browsing the other day, I spied these. I instantly fell in love. She did such a marvelous job and inspired me. I have started to love the vintage patterns. They are simple, but elegant. The original pattern was from 1893, but was reworked and you can find it here. How cool is that?!? LOVE!

A friend was so generous and opened her home to me for a whole week despite her busy schedule and deadlines while our kiddos were attending VBS. I wanted to make her something special to say thanks. I thought that these would be perfect!

I grabbed my favorite cotton yarn and went to work. I have made coasters before, but I am learning that I really loathe working "in the round". These were a breeze and not a ton of counting, yay! I adore how they turned out.

Don't these colors remind you of cupcakes? mmmmmm, cupcakes... ☺





4 comments:

  1. These are really cute! All your crochet stuff is! Maybe you can teach me?? I never did learn how. I was too impatient as a kid so I never picked it up when my mom tried to show me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Amy! I would be happy to teach you! It would be so fun! ☺ Crochet has become my most favorite hobby. I am working on a cowl right now... I have at least 5 projects going at once. ☺ Let me know about getting together!

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous!! I love the colors. So excited it's pay day-time for yarn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! Heehee. It's always time for yarn! ;)

      Delete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!