crochet + large dangling earring = right up my alley.
I spied a few good ideas on Pinterest. You can find them here and here.
I was inspired. I needed my own. I had to make some.
I used this tutorial for the initial set-up and how-to. She had the best pictures. ☺ I must have pictures when I am learning how to do something. I didn't make the chained loops like she did. I wanted a shell shape. I double crocheted three times into a single crochet foundation stitch, skipped three single crochets and then slip stitched into the next stitch. Repeat until you get to the end. I had about 60 single crochets on my earring and it worked out perfectly. Saaa-weet!
I am going to be honest, this was difficult and tedious. In my mind I was going to make several pairs for myself, even make some for gifts. I was raring to go. I tried three times to get my single crochets uniform. I had to set down my project and walk away.
I came back a few hours later and finally got the hang of it. I was making progress.Whew. I was seriously going to give up. I already had the earrings and spent 80 cents on embroidery floss. Not a huge crafting loss if I gave up, but I didn't and I'm so glad. I followed the suggestion of dabbing a bit of super glue on the ends to keep them from fraying. I might make some more, but not any time soon. ☺
beautiful! great job, friend!
ReplyDelete