September 19, 2012

{recipe} four ingredient peanut butter fudge.


The other day my sweet husband asked for a few things:

1. strong, sweet Texas tea {I don't make it cause I drink it. I don't need those extra calories, even though it is sooo delish.}
2. peanut butter fudge.  {I normally save this delight for holidays and special occasions.}

He melts me. I couldn't resist. 

This recipe comes from his mom. I still have the recipe card she wrote it on for David when he left home to join the Navy. It's super-special to me. 

It's one of the easiest and tastiest recipes for peanut butter fudge, EVER. 

Are you ready to make some fudge?
Gather your ingredients, this will be a breeze because there are only four. ☺
Mix together your milk and sugar. Wait for a bit and it will start to look like this. Set your timer and boil it for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring like a mad woman. 

You want it to get to this stage. Depending on your stove and pan it might take less or more time than 5 minutes. It will make a ball that holds it's shape when dropped in your cup of cold water. 
 Add in your other ingredients and stir some more like a mad woman. ☺
Pour into your pan and ta-daaaa. You have made some yummy-fluffy-peanutty-fudge. Your husband will scoop you up and kiss you. ☺ 
 I do have to say that it goes really well with a morning cup of coffee. Mmmmmmm.
Here is the recipe:
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 jar marshmallow fluff {7 ounces}
3/4 cup peanut butter {you can use creamy or crunchy -- at our casa we use creamy}

Prepare your pan. An 8x8 lined with non-stick foil works the best for me. If you prefer, you can just grease it. I like easy clean-up. ☺ Prepare your cup of  cold water too. {I use a small bowl of cold water with an ice cube. I'll pull the cube out right before I'm ready to test it.}

Cook milk and sugar in a heavy duty saucepan until it reaches soft ball stage, stirring constantly. {Small amount dropped in cup of cold water-forms a soft ball and holds it's shape.} Remove from heat and add marshmallow fluff and peanut butter. Stir thoroughly and spread it in your prepared pan. Cool and cut into squares.

1 comment:

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!