September 2, 2012

Happy September!

Hello sweet blog reading friends!

I will be posting more regularly in the next week. YAY!

Our lives have been a little crazy these past two weeks and things are starting to calm down a bit. 



After a process of elimination, I realized that gluten is not my friend. It has been a challenge to cut it out of my diet. I miss bread. I miss pastries. I miss gluten. {sigh} What I don't miss, is how I felt or the lack of sleep or other issues. {ahem} ☺ I've been plugging away at it now for a month. Some days are harder than others, but I have made good progress! Yay! 

With going gluten-free, cooking dinner has become a challenge. I decided to plan our week's menu based on recipes via Pinterest. Meal one was a success...wish me luck on the rest! ☺

We told the girls our surprise, A VACATION TO HAWAII!!!!! Oh the looks on their faces was priceless. They kept asking if we were really going and not pulling their legs. I heart surprises.

We also took my mom with us. It was wonderful having her there. I will be sharing pics here for all of you to see. If you are following me on Instagram, you have already seen lots of Hawaii loveliness. If you didn't, come join in the fun! I am @casadecupcake ☺

The girls are back in school. Their teachers are wonderful, fun and super-cute. I know that doesn't make a great teacher, but it scores one in my book. The girlies came home excited and happy. 
Makes this mama happy.☺

Awana starts back up this week. We have been pulling long hours getting our clubbers organized, leaders trained and getting our supplies in order. It is going to be an AWESOME year, we can't wait!

I have been crocheting in between all of our adventures. Lots of little projects here and there. Still plugging away on my granny stripe blanket. It is to a stage where I can snuggle up with it, or the girls love to sneak some snuggling time under it too. LOVE.

Ok, David is needing the computer to work on more Awana ordering and organizing. 

I'll be back real soon!




1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    It all sounds lovely! I am so looking forward to taking our family to Hawaii (someday)! And what a blessing, to have your sweet mama along.
    Thank you for all the sweet comments you leave on my blogger. It's so nice to feel connected to you and your family.
    Also, I've been trying to figure out how to tell you, i think it's smoke'n hot that your man is a AWANA commander. For reals! You are one lucky lady :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!