March 17, 2009

luck o' the irish

This all started a few of days ago...


Right now, I am being told a story of how a Leprechaun is going to come from Ireland to our house to hopefully be caught by Maddy...which will lead her to his pot of gold.

I don't know how all of this started or where she heard the idea, but Maddy took it upon herself to craft a box (egg carton) to catch one. She filled it with tape loops (traps), green jewels and a few silver coins. She was seriously soo giddy. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She also asked if we could put a few mini green m&ms. And I quote "These will be the perfect size for his tiny hands Mom".

She set it all up last night, complete with a trap door and more tape loops (traps) all over her night table.


She was soo excited to hopefully catch herself a Leprechaun. It was like Christmas Eve at our house. She woke us up this morning at 4:30 to let us know that a Leprechaun had visited her room. One of her traps worked so well that it caught a piece of his vest!


Mr. Leprechaun left a note along with a few treasures and sprinkled gold dust all over. Upon closer investigation, Madison found a footprint outlined in the gold dust...could it really be??! Maddy..."This is the best day of my entire life!"

1 comment:

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!