August 3, 2009

marvelous maui trip

I finally have had a chance to sit and reflect on our trip to Maui. It was such a great time once I let God work on my heart and change my attitude. I think that it was a gift in many ways: 1. I was able to see a part of the 50th state that not to many get to see...the ocean was so beautiful! 2. I realized the difference between a trip and a vacation. 3. I saw pure contentment in my girlies faces while playing in the much loved keiki pool. 4. We ate some of the best shrimp in the whole world...yay for Bubba Gump's! 5. I realized how much I love my family and look forward to the next trip we take! I will highlight some of our favorites and let the pictures do the talking. ☺

Day one: Let the adventure begin! Thankfully, we were able to get out seats together this time. The only problem we experienced this time was no lunch. Some how between the caterer's truck and the airplane the food became contaminated. We all grumbled at bit, but were thankful that we weren't the flight attendant in the bathroom. When we arrived in Maui, we were all cranky, hungry and ready for our trip to begin!




The lobby was filled with so many types of plants.
They even had baby pineapples...so cute!

The view from our room.
Day two: Waking up in Maui was surreal. Opening up the curtains and gazing on the blue ocean..wow! We decided to venture out to the town of Lahaina. What a fun town to venture in! We window shopped, ate some treats and learned about this fun little town. We really enjoyed the Banyan tree. It was amazing to see how one tree could grow in and out of the ground since 1873. While window shopping the girls noticed an undressed mannequin outside of one of the shops. We wandered in and looked at all of the beautiful jewelry and fun souvenirs. The owner of the shop kept saying how beautiful the girls were (a proud mommy moment) and if they would like to help dress the mannequin. They were up for the challenge! They looked through all of that the store had to offer. Big Sis picked a pretty pink sarong and Little Cute picked a pink pearl necklace. They had so much fun helping this kind lady and her undressed mannequin. :)
Our resort boasted several types of birds. Our favorite were the penguins.

1 comment:

  1. Aloha! What a fun trip! Love your pics!

    To get pics on the side of your blog, you go to: customize, add a page element and choose add a picture. Call me if you need me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!