February 24, 2010

The diagnosis is...

Since the beginning of the month, I have been experiencing acute shoulder pain and limited mobility. I thought it was no big deal and that I slept wrong...not so much.  I visited my chiropractor and he recommended that I visit my PCP and hope for a referral to an orthopedist. After a visit with my PCP, she came to the conclusion that I may have bursitis. I was so thankful that my referral went through and visited an ortho the following week. After going over my symptoms and x-rays, he concluded that I have calcific tendinitis. Praise the Lord! The doctor is optimistic that it will resolve itself. I am thankful for the prayers and encouragement of friends and family. You guys rock! I will soon start physical therapy and in 4 weeks head back to the orthopedist for a re-check. ☺
The white spot above my humerus, is the calcific tendinitis. No wonder I have been in pain! ☺ 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I had no idea...how is the PT going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only had one visit so far. I hope that the treatments will help. I go back on Wednesday. We will see...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!