February 11, 2010

Sweethearts...not so much.

Every year I look forward to one particular candy for Valentines Day, Sweethearts candies. They bring back memories of my childhood and plus they are just YUM-O. While crusing the isles at Target, I spotted them. Then and there my heart did a little happy dance. On the ride home, I open a box, toss a few in my mouth and spit them right back out. "What is this nonsense?? Where did they go??" After some investigation on the Necco website, they decided after 145 years to change their flavors and sayings. Really?? I stumbled onto this candy blog and was relieved to know I wasn't the only one who was disappointed and bummed out. Let's hope that they switch back to the tried and true recipe next year.

I did find some at Dollar Tree today...yipeee! Valentines is saved! ☺

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this is rather ironic that you posted this, because I was griping about the very same thing!! I did find some at Yoke's that were much better and what I expected! :) Glad you found some too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!