I have a little sister. Actually, she is the taller one and I am the "little" one. Lots of people think that she is older, I always would be hurt by that, but now that we are older, I am loving it. Heehee. ☺ Growing up we would argue, wrestle and just plain annoy each other. My mom would sit us down after a good "rousing" and remind us of how blessed we were to have each other. We would look at each other, roll our eyes and go our seperate ways. There were days where we would play all day long and others where we would dole out the silent treatment and evil looks as we passed by. Doesn't this sound all too familiar for those of you who have a sister?? ☺ My sister has had her share of misfortunes in her life, but everytime she has come out stronger and more determined. I am in awe of this woman. She has shown me what it is to have a real relationship with Christ and how amazing it can be. She is the ear that listens when I am overwhelmed and at the end of my rope, she is the words of encouragement when I feel like giving up, she is my champion. I didn't know waaaay back when we were little, how blessed I would be to have her in my life. We get closer and closer, as the years go by. Even though there was a time when we wouldn't talk and totally disagree, God was able to heal and restore our relationship. She has phrased us as "oil and water", how true a statement that is! All in all, she is one of the bestest things in my life.
This last weekend, she came for a visit and it stirred up the realization of how important and special she is to me. She arrived here, on her Harely, no less!! I still can't believe that she had made the trip on her bike, wow! The evening she was here, we went out for a spin and a bite to eat. ☺ It was such a great experience, one that I haven't had in a long time. I loved feeling the "cool" of the river on my face and the wind, whipping around my hair and the throaty rumble of her bike. Where did this love of riding come from, you ask?? We grew up riding around town with our Dad. I even made it through a few Governor's Runs as a kid. Those are some of my greatest memories with my Dad, we had such a fun time. ☺ The passion to ride stuck more with her than it did me. She loves a good adventure and riding her Rooster, as she calls it, has aided that. It was exciting to have a glimpse of that adventure, while she was here. ☺
Mindy, you are a blessing to me and those around you. Thank you for being such a source of encouragement and love. I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!