Here we are again, Tuesday. Seriously, where did that time go? The tip for today will be party planning. I have it on the brain, literally. It is party season here at our house. When it comes to planning a party, I like to start weeks and weeks in advance. It drives my hubby a little bonkers, but for me, it is helpful. ☺ You are able to keep an eye out for deals on party items, have lots of time to make invites, favors etc.
My favorite place to look for ideas is here and here. They are a great resource and have great ideas from moms all over the place. I love getting an idea and tweaking it and making it my own. The Dollar Tree and the Dollar Spot at Target, are also a great resource. You can get lots and lots of inexpensive decor and party items without breaking your budget.
I also make lists and more lists. I have a favorite notebook and fill it with random notes and thoughts, this way I don't lose all the info. It is amazing how a list can create so much order in the midst of chaos.
It is also great to have a crafty friend to help you with some of the decor and party favors. I couldn't have pulled off the Pink Pony Party last year without the help of my friend. She was a lifesaver and the bestest pony ear headband maker. ☺ You also get in some great visiting time.
I could go on and on. One of the most important things I have learned with all of the parties I've had in the past is, not to stress. It is so hard for a perfectionist like me not to, but I miss out on the fun of why we are celebrating when I do. I also alienate my husband, girlies and my family. Hmmm, not so good. I have to remember to enjoy this time. So what if the decor isn't perfection and the table cloths are blowing everywhere and the food isn't everything you had planned. What are my girls going to remember...all of the beautiful decorations, fun games and festive foods or the crazy, stressed out, psycho mom instead? I hope its the fun time shared with family and friends celebrating their special day.
I thought I would take a break from all of the last minute planning to share a bit. Little Cute's birthday is this weekend and the house is buzzing. I love planning parties. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!