September 3, 2010

Big Sis gets crafty.


Upon arrival at home, Big Sis wants to get in on the act of painting banks. We happened to have another piggy bank waiting to be painted. She set to work painting, creating and beautificating. Things I noticed between the girls painting their banks: Little Cute was meticulous, careful, her workspace was well-kept and neat. There wasn't any paint on her workspace. She pondered how to paint her bank, when she was done, she was done. Big Sis was sporatic, messy, her workspace was cluttered and covered in paint. She would paint or embelish a little bit, go away and then come back (which creates more mess) and paint and embellish some more. I finally had to tell her, "Um, honey, your pig looks great the way she is. I don't think you can fit anymore on there." She then lets out a sigh and says, "Ok, I just wanted to give her some more glitter on her shoes." Her hands are covered with dots of paint and glitter. She finally closes up her paints and says she is done. Seeing them work on these creations is a glimpse into their personalities. I marvel at how different these girls are, how blessed I am to be their mom. Each creation is so beautiful and fitting to their own personality. I so love my girlies. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!