October 25, 2010

Space-tastic party: Fun & games.

How to make games fun for a group of 8 year olds?? Hmmmmmm. That was the burning question during this whole process. I searched and searched and found a few that sounded fun. With a little tweaking here and there, they were perfect for the party. They had such a good time and I heard that a couple of them went home telling stories of all the fun they had. That really made my heart happy and blessed. ☺

First round of fun: build and decorate rockets. If you Google "alka-seltzer" rockets you can see how to make them. They loved creating their own rockets and then seeing them blast off.


Second round of fun: space toss. My handy husband made rings in the grass with lawn spray. I had several different containers and gave them each a point value. Each kiddo stood in the center of the rings and tossed different balls to see who could get the highest score. The best part of this game, silly string! ☺


Third round of fun: Saturn's rings. The kids took turns to see who could hula hoop the longest aka pretend to be Saturn. We had some good laughs over this one. My friend even took a stab at being Saturn and did quite well, I might add. ☺


The last round of fun: moon rock hunt. It worked out perfectly to divide the group into two teams, boys against girls. Each team had 3 minutes to find a moon rock, run it back to the front and deposit in their ring. The catch was that you could only grab one rock at a time. They had sooo much fun with this game. When the time was up (the girls won!) we divided up the candies hidden inside. Each rock was filled with either a Starburst, Milky Way or Sixlets. I know, I know. Couldn't resist using space-themed candy. ☺


Space Invites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!