March 30, 2011

A proud Momma moment.

Several weeks ago, the girlies were able to participate in Sparks-A-Rama Games. These games are always a fun time to be able to compete against other Awana groups in our area. We get to travel to a town an hour away, eat burgers the size of dinner plates and spend an afternoon cheering with our friends for their kiddos and ours.

I was especially proud this year because our girls competed with another group. This group didn't win first place, like our group did, but because of my girlies, their team was able to participate. I have never been so proud and humbled as a mom as I was that afternoon. To be honest, I was an emotional mess.

Here is how they came to help...

David is the Commander of our Awana club. He received a call several days before the games were to take place that a fellow group was in need of a few girls to be able to help their team compete. The rules are very firm that you must have 5 girls and 5 boys to a team in order to participate. This particular group had 10 boys and 1 girl. They were desperate.

David asked Big Sis if she would be willing to help another team out. Without a pause or sigh, she said YES!, I would love to help! She then looks to Little Cute and asks her if she would like to help out too. Little Cute as most of you know is very much a girly, girl. She loves dressing up, wearing skirts, 'clompy' shoes and fashionable outfits. ☺ She is not into sports or physical activities. She wasn't going to participate this year with our group either. She hesitated for a moment and then said YES! too. I was shocked. They were so excited to go, they just wanted to be able to help.



As I mentioned before, their team didn't win first place. It was kind of hard to swallow after seeing that our group had taken first place on their circle. It was such a tender moment for my girls. Big Sis really doesn't handle disappointment well. {This is something that we are working on. ☺} I told them, "Did you help this other team out in the hopes that you would win first place?" No. "Why did you help?" "Because they needed our help and I wanted to be able to do that." "Then that is all that matters, Big Sis."You have to remember that." God was honored by your attitude and willingness to help this other group." That is the best prize of all.

I am so thankful for that day. It will be the only time that they were able to participate in these games together. What an amazing memory for the two of them and for me.

Thank you, Lord for giving me these girlies. I am truly a blessed Momma.

2 comments:

  1. i may have teared up a little with this one...
    sarah, btw, i have been love'n your blog lately.
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! We are working on that with my busy soon to be 8 yr. old too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!