April 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today my dad is 57, I think. He is probably upset that I have shared that bit of information, but oh well. ☺

Growing up, I didn't really get to know my dad, really well. He faithfully served our country, in the US Navy. He was out doing donuts in the Pacific Ocean making sure that our country was safe. In fact, he was gone the day I was born. He served for 24 years. I really admire that about him.

We have had our ups and downs like any father and daughter does over the years. I can look back over those 'down' times now as an adult and be thankful. They have molded both of us to a better version of ourselves. We also had our good times, too. Governor Runs on the motorcycle, watermelon seed spitting contests, ATCs, kite flying, picture taking, rhubarb pies and a road trips to California, just to name a few.  

I am so thankful for my dad. He is always willing to help when he can. He has become the official photographer for all of the girlies birthday parties. Thank you, Dad! ☺ We may not always see eye-to-eye, but I know that he loves me. He is proud of me and the woman that I have become. He loves my husband, he loves my girlies. I am blessed.

Happy Birthday, Dad! We love you, very much!

taken {2010}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!