April 20, 2011

{sewing} is a hoot.

R20 - day 16, 17 & 18

I have kind of had this thing for owls for a while now. I don't know where or how it started. It might be that they are everywhere right now...cupcakes, fabrics, notecards, decor for your children's rooms. I am a sucker. Marketers must know how to target me, because I keep buying them.

I was browsing one of my favorite blogs a while back and saw this cutie.

I decided then and there I had to make it. I went to the original tutorial here and downloaded the FREE and adorable pattern here.

I was excited that I had most of the materials on hand. I did splurge on some new ribbon. {sigh} I heart ribbon and any excuse to buy it.

I used ideas and suggestions from both tutorials and this is what I came up with.



I am super-excited to be able to pair them with a set of burp cloths. ☺ The perfect baby shower gift combo!

1 comment:

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!