That my friends, is the title for this year's outage. Today is the day I dread every two years, but it is a part of David's job. A job that I am very thankful for and that David loves. It allows me to stay home and play housewife and momma. I am really, really blessed. This time around its starting about a month and a half earlier than normal due to the replacement of a giant machine thing. I know it has a specific name, but most of the terms that coincide with David's work, are way over my head. I am going with giant machine thing, you all understand that, don't you? ☺ Some perks of this outage: David is on day-shift and will have two days off a week. {happy dance}
I decided when this outage would start that I would make an effort to complete a project a week. I am not sure yet what I will be doing, but it will be fun to see what is created/accomplished. Who knows, I might go all crazy and paint a room or something. You never know! ☺
So here goes...
R20 - day one
Zookies!
I posted here a few weeks ago that I would be making Zookies on St. Patrick's Day. The girls were so not excited about cookies that contained raisins or zucchini. I have been thinking and thinking of the recipe and finally today, we made them. The girls helped me out with grating the zucchini, reading the recipe and helping dump the ingredients in the bowl. I think that it helped that they were able to participate in the process. They saw what went in them and weren't surprised later on. I followed the instructions pretty closely and did bake them by rounded teaspoon. ☺ They are the cutest little cookies. The girls and I all counted to three and took a bite together. The girls each crossed their eyes and made loud 'mmmmmmmmm' sounds. Success!
I think that we had more than a small zucchini so I added some more oatmeal to help compensate for the extra "wetness" in the dough and we didn't add the raisins. The girls have now gobbled up a whole pan {there are fifteen on a pan}. The true test will be if David, will eat them. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!