May 15, 2011

House Beautification.

R20 - day 43

I have to admit, I have been complaining and whining about the lack of things my house has. For example: the way my kitchen is set up, how its small or how I wish that I had an access point to the backyard that wasn't through a gate or through a carpeted surface, or how the floor is in such bad shape that I don't want to clean it anymore, or almost every corner in my house has a chunk of texture missing and you can see the metal shaper thing, etc.  These are just little, petty, lame things. I know, shame on me. I want this, or I want that. How come we can't do this? Blah, blah. God did a check on my heart and I was like, "Oh man, where did all this angst come from?"

I love my house, I really do. I think that with time we get discontent and unsatisfied with what we have. Things become worn, scratched, ugly... I started to think about those in the south who have lost their homes, belongings, their identity. They have nothing. {sigh} I need to be thankful that I have a house, a warm place to rest my head at night. Yes, I may not like how things are or the way things are laid out, but I can do things to spruce it up and make it into a home. I looked up the definition of home...

home  -noun,  the place in which one's domestic affections are centered. 

Isn't that the truth?! I am extremely blessed to be able to stay home with my girls and tend our home. I know that having our home be my 'workplace', it is easy to get caught up in the negative aspects as opposed to the positive ones. Despite thinking on the negative aspects, there are things that I can control, like paint color, accents here and there, the rearrangement of furniture, cute window treatments, or how much clutter surrounds us. I have a renewed sense of love for my house. I have been browsing decorating blogs for inspiration and instruction. I have NO experience in the "house beautification" realm. It looks a bit overwhelming, but I am excited and determined. I also know that I have several friends who do know a lot about it and have offered to give their expertise or lend a tool, if we needed it. Whew! ☺

I saw this quote the other day. It inspired me. Hope it inspires you. ☺



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!