I love me some party decorations and any reason to make them. I still have the paper flowers I made hanging up in my craft-sew-create-room-that-we-eat-in-sometimes.☺ They are so cheery, I can't bear to take them down. I stumbled upon this brilliant idea on my new favorite blog. She is amazing. I wanted to try my hand at this fun little idea. I am a lover of all things ruffly and girly. ☺ I don't have the same type of machine she does, but I followed some of the tips and it worked like a charm. ☺ I made some for a package I sent to my sister for her birthday and she loved them. I am also making some for our church's Memorial Day picnic decorations. LOVE.
* do not use streamers from a "dollar only" store, they are really thin and harder to work with. Splurge on streamers from a regular store or a party store.
* remember, you can re-use them so take care when hanging or removing them.
* use cheap thread. do not use your Gutermann. ugh.
* color thread is really fun instead of white. I liked coordinating them with my streamers.
* scotch tape is your friend.
* if you miss a section {I did several times while sewing the three colors together}, it totally works to go back over it with your machine. Just put a piece of Scotch tape over your thread ending. ☺
* have fun making your streamers. I even let Little Cute help me sew them. The girls know to never-ever touch my machine, so it was really special and fun to get to press the "gas pedal" on full blast. ☺
I know that from now on, we will only have ruffles!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!