R20 - day 53
I heart baking. I love the approximateness of it. Yes, so not a word, but lets roll with it...☺
I grew up eating, making and helping bake these cookies. I don't know where the recipe came from but it has been a staple in my mom's brown plastic recipe thing. I heart that book, so many good recipes and memories. {sigh} I was feeling sentimental the other day, so I made them. They have several ingredients I love, coconut being one of them. Yay! Little Cute was begging for chocolate chip cookies, but I was wanting something different, so we changed up how we baked them. I think that her creation took them from a yummy cookie to an amazing cookie.
ingredients:
1 cup butter {I like to do half & half - one stick margarine, one stick unsalted butter}
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups self-rising flour {I don't normally have this type of flour in my pantry so I use this little trick - put 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp.salt in the bottom of your 1 cup measuring cup, spoon in flour, level off.}
1 cup quick or regular oats
1 cup coconut
2 cups krispy rice cereal
Mix together butter and sugars, until fluffy. Scrape bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix again until combined. On a low speed, gradually add flour, oats and coconut. Scrape bowl. Fold in the the krispy rice cereal.
Using a cookie scoop, place dough on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. These are the yummy cookies you get.
Little Cute's version:
Using a cookie scoop, take the ball and dip into a bowl of mini chocolate chips.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. These are the amazing cookies you get.
They go perfect with a hot cup of tea. ☺

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!