July 1, 2011

A little paint and cardboard.

R20 - day 90

It is amazing how two weeks have flown by just like, that! The first week was filled with adventures, paint, cardboard, visits with friends and many, many hours at the church. The second week was filled with hopping on the Boomerang Express and learning about Jesus!

The girls were troopers as I cut, created and painted our church into an Outback frenzy for VBS. I love getting to craft and create. I was a little worried at how the girls would survive being at our church for hours and hours over the course of a week. They did amazing and ended up creating some great memories and fostering some new friendships. I know that I have lots of good memories from our hours at church. I mean who wouldn't love to run around your church with your friends?? ☺ On a few of the days we went to the local school and enjoyed a free lunch. Saaa-weet! The girls are here with their twiggy friends. Sadly, the lunches were just for the kids. I love me a good corndog and chocolate milk!

taken {on a non-bajillion pixel camera phone}

Here is what took me $25 in supplies, 5 days to create, a generous church supply of tag board/props and all the free cardboard I could carry away {Thank you to a local appliance store for all the cardboard!}, to make an Austrailian Outback!


We had several different locations that the kids were rotated through: Bible Study Outback, Missions Harbor, G'day Cafe, Worship Rally Central, Recreation Rock and Crafts Crossing. I was in charge of creating Bible Study Outback, Missions Harbor, G'day Cafe and Crafts Crossing. We had received a large portion of decorations, backdrops and props from a sister church, so all I had to do was put them together and create a fun environment. I would say that my favorite out of all of them was Bible Study Outback. I loved how it all came together. ☺

My church family blessed me so much with all of their kind words and encouragement this last week. I was overwhelmed today when I was told that they left Missions Harbor and my Boab Tree up. They shared how amazing it all was and wanted to be able to enjoy it all summer. Really?! {sigh} It was such a joy to be able to craft and create and to share with them. ☺ I wonder what adventure we will take next year?? Allll Aboarrrrd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!