I love garlic bread. Oh, how I love it. I will see it's foil package at the store and have to buy it. I love it especially when you walk into the grocery store and you can smell the french bread baking. It just wafts into your nostrils...ahhh. Ok, seriously I am like drooling and wishing I had a warm gooey loaf right now. {sigh}
One of the things I tend to make in a pinch is spaghetti. You always have ingredients on hand except one thing. Thats right, garlic bread. I used to make a whole loaf but ended up throwing a lot it away because we wouldn't finish it all. Not cool in my book. I would love to eat all of it, but half of a loaf is not Points Plus friendly. ☺
I came up with a solution (through trial and error), freeze half for another dinner! Genius!
I like to smooth out the buttery goodness before I make a parchment paper sandwich. This is the key to success. Trust me on this one, friends. I wrap it up in a freezer Ziploc and ta-daa.
When you are ready to use it, just leave it out on the counter while cooking your dinner and then throw it under the broiler until you get the right color/doneness. Yay! No more wasted garlic bread and a great side to any dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!