The girls and I recently picked blackberries. The title is how Little Cute described them...☺ We picked them a couple years ago with our sweet neighbors {who sadly moved to California recently} and it is a memory that my girls talked about often. I remembered picking them around this time and decided to go on a spur-of-the-moment picking after school and of course didn't have my nice camera. I was wearing flip flops, a white skirt and the girls had semi-nice clothes on for school. NOTE: do not go picking when wearing the above mentioned clothing items. I looked down at my legs this morning and shook my head at all the scrapes all over my legs. I think I even have a few thorns stuck in my fingers. The bushes for the most part were picked over and the only berries that were good and ready were the ones waaaaaaaay up top. We must have looked so silly in our nice clothes with a stick to bring the berries our way. Even with getting poked, scraped and dirty, we had a wonderful memory-filled time. I am excited to get the cobbler put together. Check-in soon and I will give a recipe {I found online} a try and the outcome. Hmmm. I can hardly wait for the warm, berry goodness...
The bushes are along one of the many hiking paths here in our town. LOVE that.
There were a few little creeks and a little waterfall. They were so cute.
The girls even found a "secret hideout". ☺
Getting poked and scraped. ☺
The fruits of our labor.
We had such a fun time. Say cheeese!








Zintel Canyon, right? We love to walk there!
ReplyDeleteI think that is what it is called. It is tucked under the 10th avenue overpass, right? We have never walked the whole path...sounds like we need too! ☺
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute!! Berry picking is so fun, I love the picture of the hide out!
ReplyDelete