September 23, 2011

A weekend of firsts - MLB baseball game.

I am a pacific NW girl and have always loved Seattle, especially in the fall. Ahhhh. It is soo fun.
It just so happened that my dear sweet husband's favorite baseball team was playing my hometown team. A trip to Seattle was in order. We were able to sneak away last year, here. This year, we wanted to take the girls and let them experience the fun of a baseball game. Sadly, my girls are fans of their dad's team. {sigh} I tried. It is hard to get them to come over from the "dark side" when you team doesn't win much. Oh well. I proudly sported my Mariners shirt and teal sweater in a sea of royal blue and red. ☺ If you happened to watch or tape this particular game, you would have seen our cute little family...

{Definitely not one of our finer moments as celebrities.}


For any baseball game you need to make a poster. The girls were on top of that.



Look at how cute they are!


Waiting to get an autograph.


So excited to see their favorite player, Josh Hamilton. No luck for our family, but a autograph hound nice lady gave Big Sis one of her pictures and David got a baseball card of another favorite player, David Murphy.


My three Ranger fan loves.


Sadness for them, this pitcher didn't do a very good job. He helped my team score some runs. ☺


When your team is behind, you need to bust out the rally cap. He is sooo cute, even though is rooting for the wrong team.


Despite the rally cap and lots of cheering, the Rangers lost 4-0. I couldn't believe that my team won and it was a shut-out! I am one happy lady!!

Some silliness after the game. I guess you have to be a Rangers fan to get this. ☺


We all had a fun-filled time, even though there were three disappointed fans. I can't wait for the next time!
Update: Since this game last weekend, The Texas Rangers clinched the AL West. We are very excited to cheer them on through the playoffs. Maybe next year, my team will be in the chase. Yay for October baseball!

1 comment:

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!