September 25, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler.

Happy fall everybody! Today was the first time it actually felt like fall, yay!! What isn't to love about pumpkins, sweaters, Pumpkin Spice Lattes at my favorite coffee place, cool temperatures, pretty leaves and an occasional drizzle of rain? ☺ With the temperatures feeling a little cooler, it made me want to bake up this cobbler using our blackberries even more. I found this recipe by just looking it up online and with a name like Betty Crocker attached to it, I had a feeling it would be really yummy.

Here are the needed ingredients:

2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries {thawed and drained} They also make a note to NOT use blueberries.
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted. hmmmm.

In a medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms. Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter. {Mix batter as gently as possible, and you'll get a tender and moist cobbler!}

Bake 45-55 minutes or until dough rises and is gold. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.


This turned out sooooooo good. Big Sis and I were the only ones who enjoyed it. Sad for the other members of my family, more for me! ☺ I will most definitely add this to my recipe binder. I liked how there weren't very many ingredients and it was really easy to put together. They gave a good suggestion of using half raspberries and half blackberries for a fun flavor combination. I just might have to try that next time! ☺

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks so yummy. I need to find me some blackberries! :) Maybe my mom will pick me some (they have tons down there) and bring them to me. :)
    I may get some rhubarb in my box this week - if that's the case, I'm totally making that cobbler again when you guys come over on Friday. Yum!! :)
    See ya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay! Sounds good and can't wait! Hmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!