October 25, 2011

Punkin Bread -- a recipe.

This morning we woke up to very chilly temps. Brrrrrr. It appears that Fall is quickly making its presence known. {applause} It is mornings like this I LOVE to bake. A favorite around here is punkin bread. It makes a great snack, breakfast, dessert...I thought I would share with you the recipe that we love around our casa.
Pumpkin Spice Bread

ingredients:
3 cups sugar


2 cups canned pumpkin


1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil {You can substitute unsweetened applesauce for half the oil, I have done it several times and it has come out good.}

  
4 eggs

In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed.

3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. cloves

Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and ground cloves into separate bowl, then stir ingredients until combined. The girlies like to help with this part. ☺

 {I wish you could smell how wonderful this is.}

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.

Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. The baking PAM works awesome. Divide the batter between the pans evenly. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pans. Serve warm. Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!