December 22, 2011

Christmas Coundown -- Felt Nativity.

Day 11 --

Luke 2:10,11
I bring you good news...
Today a Savior has been born to you; 
 he is Christ the Lord.

I originally made this cute little set at a MOPS meeting when Big Sis was very little. That was, so it seems, very long ago. I have always wanted to create a template, so that I could make them with the girls. I finally did that today. I uploaded it to the online-unknown, so you can have it for your very own particular use. Ok, so I have been watching Pride and Prejudice a few too many times, but how can you not? {sigh}
You will have to bear with the crudeness of it. Don't judge me. I don't have a cool, high-tech program that allows you to make cool stuff. I just had a pencil and a piece of paper. I made a photo copy of it today and it worked out great. So enough of the back story...


let's get crafting!

Supplies: 
Nativity template, printed on card stock
craft felt, in a variety of colors, including skin ☺
pipe cleaners.
ribbon, trim, ric rac, etc.
crafting glue
a Sharpie
q-tip
blush
good scissors
small magnets {optional}

I went ahead and traced the patterns onto the felt for the girls and they cut them out. Easy peasy.

The Angel
--glue the face, halo{pipe cleaner, trim etc.}, hands, and trim
 Make your face using the Sharpie and give a little blush to the cheeks, using your q-tip.

It is a bit easier if you desire a "halo" effect to glue it under the face. It helped anchor it a lot better than placing it on the back. We also noticed that the Angel's face needed to be trimmed down a bit compared to Mary and Joseph.

Mary and baby Jesus
--glue Mary's face first. You can eyeball it and move it down if necessary. Glue down the head covering, over the face. Make her face in the same manner as the Angel.
--glue baby Jesus's face to his body. Make his face. Glue the baby to Mary. You can place her hand on either side.



Joseph
--glue his face and head covering in the same manner as Mary's. Make his face. Use your pipe cleaner and make a Shepard's staff. Run glue along the base of the staff and place on Joseph. Glue his hand where you want it. ☺

You have now created your very own Nativity set. You can leave them as they are or you can glue a small magnet on the back, perfect for hanging on the fridge.


The girlies did such a great job! Can you guess which girl made which Nativity??☺



1 comment:

  1. So cute :) I guess Little Cute made the one with the pink Mary :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!