December 13, 2011

Christmas Countdown -- paper candy canes.

Day 2 --

We are counting down to Christmas and the birth of our Savior. It is one of my favorite times of the year. I have had lots of fun this year. I decided to start counting down on the 12th and end on Christmas. Sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

For this activity, we made paper candy canes. I found the idea here. Her website is filled with awesome ideas!!

We made ours a little different.

* We used a chisel tipped marker and didn't have to worry about using a ruler.
* We also added a little stripe to make it look like a real candy cane.

The girls and I had so much fun. I did the marking and the girls did the rolling. We have put them up all over the house. They add that handmade, festive touch I love.

You should try them out! Plus, they are calorie free!! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!