I was asked to bring a friend a meal and I decided to change things up a bit. I use my go-to meal, BREAKFAST! I mean, who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?! I make a simple breakfast casserole {only 5 ingredients}, fresh cut-up fruit and our Casa's favorite, Buttermilk-Cinnamon bread. Yum!
As I was typing this out and collecting pictures, I realized that I didn't snap a picture of my casserole. Bummer. It would have made this post a little prettier and more foodie. I was in such a hurry that night to deliver their dinner warm and make it to my other destination on time, I forgot. Oh well. Just imagine a breakfast casserole...
I make sure to try and use re-usable containers. I don't want them to have to worry about trying to figure out what dishes go to what house. It makes it simple for both parties. ☺ Did you know that there are now plastic baking dishes that you put in the oven OR the freezer?? It is pure genius. These would be great to use for a freezer meal, so they have something they can bake later.
This recipe makes two large 9x5 loaves. Your family won't be disappointed that you are taking it to someone else's house because there is one for them. ☺
Let's get baking!
Buttermilk-Cinnamon Bread
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped. {We don't include this here at our Casa. I have a bunch of non-nut fans.}
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine oil, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add buttermilk and eggs; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill 2 greased {I have better results using the baking Pam instead of regular Pam} 9x5 inch loaf pans about 1/3 full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over the batter. Top with remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar. Swirl batter with a knife {I like to use a plastic one. ☺} until you have a good swirl going. If you are a nut fan, sprinkle the top with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Consume!
Have fun making some for you, a friend or both! Yay!
Yum! This bread sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteOhmygoodness! I can't wait to make this!!! This sounds delicious. Thank you so much for sharing sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Wendy! It's soooo good, especially with a hot cup of coffee. Happy baking!
ReplyDeleteIt was my pleasure, Sarah! Thank you for hosting! I hope you love it as much as we do. Mmmmmmm. oxox
ReplyDelete