April 1, 2012

My Granny.

Today would have been her 94th birthday.

I miss her.

I miss her a lot.

I look at this picture and smile. I remember those glasses and her fluffy hair.


She tragically passed away when I was almost 5.

Despite being so young, I have so many memories of her...

She smelled of Oil of Olay and Listerine.

I remember making fresh squeezed orange juice in the mornings at her house. Oh the smell...

She had beautiful roses in her backyard. I would stand there and sniff all of them.

She was gentle and kind.

I remember her pulling Mindy and I in our red wagon. I loved that thing.

My mom would tell us stories about how she would do special things for my sister and I.

How she loved us so much.

I wish I could have more memories with my Granny.

I look forward to the day when I will see her in heaven. I will give her a big hug and tell her how much I have missed her.

Happy birthday, Granny.
I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!