I am trying a new recipe today for our small-group get together. To get your taste buds going, it has three of my favorite things: butter, lemon and coconut. Yum!
Carrot Cake
I followed the recipe except I didn't use raisins or nuts in the cake. Because I omitted them, I added a little extra carrot. I also used a 9 inch round because a) I didn't read that detail too carefully and b) I don't own 8 inch rounds. I also used one 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained. I loved how it looked when I was done.
To make the carrot rosettes, use your peeler and make a wide strip of carrot from top to bottom. It also helps to use the biggest carrot you can find in the bag. ☺ Starting at the bottom of the strip roll, roll and roll until it resembles a rosette. Place on top of your cake. These would also look really cute on top of cupcakes. ☺
Glazed Lemon Scones
The recipe makes 8 scones, but they were a little on the big side. I might not have cut them exactly into equal parts, but I am going to make two balls next time. It would be nice to get a few more scones and be able to use up the glaze. Mmmmm. {Update: I have made these several times, since I posted this recipe and they have become one of my favorites. They have just the right amount of lemony sweetness and are perfect for a cuppa and a catchup. ☺}
{Both recipes were adapted from Family Fun.}
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!