Fourth of July is such a fun and festive holiday. Most of you probably have BBQs planned or making your way to a fireworks display. If you are looking for something fun & festive for your BBQ, I have the perfect quick and inexpensive centerpieces.
I was making these as decorations for a Memorial Day picnic last year. I love when you can interchange things for different holidays. It makes me feel so frugal, especially when your supplies come from the $store or the $spot!! ☺
I made two different types: a floral arrangement and a balloon-weight-flag-thing. I need to come up with a cool name for that one... Sprays of Glory? Star Spangled America? Red White & Blue? Hmmm...
Gather up your supplies.
balloon weight - scored them at the $store!
mini American flags
mini metal pails - found them in the $spot. Saa-weet!
plastic water bottles
rocks - only if you are using your centerpieces outside. It is breezy
where we live, so a little weight is great!
flowers of any type - fresh or fake. {If you are going to use fresh flowers, use the bottom of your water bottle. It will hold the water and your flowers perfectly.}To assemble the floral arrangements:
Take your mini pail and place a cut water bottle inside. If you are going to use it outside, put a few rocks in to make it weighted.
Fill the pail with your flowers. I had to adjust the height of the bottle several different times so it wasn't sticking out over the edge of my pail. {If you are using fresh flowers, the weight of the water will help hold your pail down. No rocks are needed.} ☺
Add in your flags and taa-daa! You are finished, so festive!
To make your Sprays of Glory: ☺
Grab your weight and carefully stick your flags inside of the opening. You have to be patient when sticking it in there. I accidentally tore the packaging jabbing it in a little too hard. If you can't get it to stick securely, wrap it with one of the wired star sprays. It holds it in really nicely. All done! Your party will look great!
You can use this idea for several different types of parties. I used this same idea for our Awana Grand Prix, I just used a black and white checkered flag instead. They were a hit! Someone also thought they would make a great trophy. The possibilities are endless!
Have a fun, festive, and safe Fourth of July! ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!