July 3, 2012

tip-ful tuesday -- organizing crepe paper streamers.

When I started to raid my decorations bin to make our ruffled streamers, this is what I saw. This my friends, is not good, really not good.


I started to pull things out to find my streamers. Uh, it just seems to get worse...


I decided that I really needed to go through and organize it all. Streamers are a tough thing to organize. Once you cut that glue spot off, they unravel really quickly and then you have a big mess. Not my idea of a good time.

I didn't want to use a sewing pin or tape. I thought of using Zip-loc bags, but they are really too expensive to use for the amount of streamers I have. Apparently, I have a problem buying too many streamers...{sigh}

I then had a moment of genius. I had a box of plain sandwich bags that I had purchased for another craft. There are a TON of them and they are cheap. Saaaa-weet!! I went to work winding up the rogue streamers and placing them in their own baggy.


It works perfectly! They are now organized, protected, and the loose ends won't get tangled. Yipeee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!