You are now wondering what it is that I did. {deep breath in and out}
I forgot/didn't know about an assembly for Sis. She was honored for her grades this last trimester. She made the Principal's List which means she had all straight A's. Straight A's people, and I missed it.
I wasn't there, I didn't show up, I didn't take any pictures, I didn't have gifts or balloons.
I was the worst mom. ever.
I was home doing my daily duties completely unaware of the little ceremony for the 4th and 5th graders at the girlies school.
I went to pick them up at the end of their school day and Sis runs up to me with HUGE tears and blurts out, "MOM, why weren't you there?!! I cried in front of all those people. How could you miss it?!"
I just stood there kind of in shock.
How could I have missed this?! I have seriously been there for everything else. This one thing that is all about her and her amazingness at school. I wanted to crawl into a hole and not come out. I just hugged her and apologized for not knowing about it.
Even thought this is not an ideal situation, it was a great teachable moment.
I assured her that if I had known, I would have been there with bells on. Cheering and taking pictures of this special event. As much as I would have loved to be there I wasn't, but God was.
No matter what in this life we live, God is always there when others aren't. People will disappoint us time and time again, but the Lord and his love will remain constant. I reminded her that she can always find comfort in knowing this. I reminded her of one of our Awana verses...
Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
There were still some tears, but she finally calmed down and was back to her cheerful, spunky self. I have now made sure to use the technology awesomeness I have been given to keep track of these types of events. I also try to double check in the morning if there is anything going on before they are dropped off for school.
One of the moms at our school was so thoughtful and took a couple pictures of Sis and her certificate. They aren't the best pictures, but its more than I would have had.
I am so proud of this girl. I just love her bunches and bunches.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!