Let's pretend that this was posted a few weeks ago, ok ready? See here and here for the reasons why. Ok ready, let's sew!
Yay, it's December and it is officially time to start decorating for Christmas and for my BGF, Hanukkah! {To be honest, I had my decorations up before David's birthday...I know, I know}
I saw felt garlands on MADE, she calls them Happy Day Garlands. They are so lovely and cheery. I absolutely love them. She is such a creative and crafty lady. I heart her. I have also spied some cute ones while browsing on Instagram, too. I used Dana's instructions to put my garland's together.
I was really inspired to make some of my own, but with a holiday bent. I grabbed some colorful, Christmasy felt at JoAnn's during their Black Friday sales. I went to work cutting and creating.
I have to give the credit for this idea to Sis. I wish, I wish I could take credit for it. She suggested using one of my cupcake cookie cutters as a template to make a cupcake garland, BRILLIANT!!!
These beauties were easy but tedious, so I decided to use them intermittently. The cuteness kills me! I used tacky glue to make the cupcakes and than sewed them with the circles. Make sure to sew above the "cupcake liner", if you don't it will be too heavy and fall over.
I layed out the different felt circles and shapes on my cutting mat. It made trying to figure out my patterns a lot easier. This also made it really easy when I started sewing. Just pick them up in the right order and sew. Saaa-weet.
We gave this one to Cute's teacher for her birthday, she LOVED it. It was extra fun because Cute was able to help cut out some of the circles. This is a really easy way to involve your kiddos in the process.
I didn't grab a photo of the garland with the holly because I gave it to my mom and spaced on a picture. You can see in two photos above the pattern I chose. I also sewed some matchy-match baker's twine on the ends so she could hang it up.
The pictures were taken with my iPhone during the wee hours of the morning, soooo they are less than perfect. I think it adds to the charm though, don't you?
Now, go grab some felt and make some garlands! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!