I had a bit of confusion and always called it a blanket until I looked up the definition for this post. It is not a blanket, but an afghan. I feel so bad for confusing them. I love learning and finding out new words.
Okay, are you guys ready??
Taaaa-daaaa!
I'm so happy. So happy.
You've got to love trying to take a photo of yourself using a self-timer on your DSLR. Heehee.
It was really difficult to figure out which style of afghan I wanted to make as my first one. My Pinterest board was full of ideas and dreams. I decided to go with my favorite stitch; the "granny stitch". It only seemed natural to tackle a granny stripe afghan. There are so many beautiful pictures and inspiration out there.
This lovely thing took me over a year to finish. It normally wouldn't have taken me that much time to complete an afghan this size, but I worked on it when I didn't have a project going or needed something easy to work on. This afghan went on many a road trip and even to the beach! I used the lovely pattern by Lucy over at Attic24. You can find the pattern instructions here and the border instructions here. I adore her patterns. Thank you, Lucy!!
My finished finished dimensions are 67 1/2 inches tall and 63 inches wide. It turned out much bigger than I had thought when I started. It's super snuggly and comfy!
I used a US H-8 or 5.00 mm hook.
I didn't really keep track of the amounts of yarn I used, since it was my first afghan. I ended up using almost five Lion Brand "pounds of love" in the colors of turquoise, white and bubble gum. I also used a Simply Soft gray skein by Caron. I have quite a bit left over of the turquoise and bubble gum. I am using that make Cute a throw for her bed. She has been asking for something made by me. I can't help but oblige her. I love making things for the people I hold dear to my heart. It's so much fun!
I still can't believe that it started out looking like this...
I plan on sharing every Wednesday the latest project I'm working on--WIP Wednesdays.
I hope all of you have a nice relaxing weekend. We will be doing our best to stay cool. The barometer will be reaching the century mark! Eeeek!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!