Our kitchen before it's makeover. :)
The oposition we were up against: wood glue and tons of tiny nails.
Does a 26 inch piece of board need 50 nails? Really??
Our builders wanted to make sure that they would NEVER come off.
The cabinet came off the floor and the wall before the countertop came off.
Taking off backspalsh tiles was a bit harder than I thought.
The counter is finally off...yay husband!
And then there was the "beast". It took David nearly 2 hours to get the glued rock, err I mean sink and this piece of counter off. Notice all of the nails in the sink hole...It is at this moment that I am realizing..."We are not the kind of people who do this themselves...we are the people who pay people to do this." I think that if we had the right tools, hours of labor could have been saved. Ahhh, live and learn. I now know what to get him for Christmas. :)
The little tools that could.
Without these trusty little tools, our home makeover would not have been possible. ;)
Finally...all the counters are gone. Ready for the new ones!!
YAY...here they come!
Wow! That looks SO nice! I L-O-V-E it! Will you guys be doing the tiles or will you have someone do it? Can't wait to see the fianl kitchen!
ReplyDeleteBTW, we sold our house! We have until June 12th to be out...but, first we need to find another house! :)