Today was one of those days that zaps all of you. It was an emotional roller coaster! Who would have thought that picking out a new countertop, sink and faucet could be so draining and stressful. Those decisions compiled with David's schedule made for just one of those kinds of days. My best friend was of such encouragement and for that I am soo thankful. A home to hang out at, an ear to listen, words to comfort and hands to make chocolate chip cookies...I love you friend! It was the combo that God knew I needed.
Tonight was the Awana Awards Ceremony for Sparks and TNT. The Cubbie Awards were last week. We had a great time. It was fun to dine on hot dogs, fruit, salads and of course a sweet treat. All of the Sparks did so great...I am so proud of them. With the long day that I had had, the girls and I ducked out early and headed home. I later got a call from our soon to be Commander and was told that I had missed it...missed what I thought? Our current Commander had mentioned those of us that have helped out this year and my name was mentioned (I will be taking over full responsibilities of Sparks Director in the Fall) and we were all given flowers. I had missed them. I felt so bad and lame all at the same time. Around 8:30pm my doorbell rings and there is our Commander and his daughter, flowers in hand and a thank you for a great year. I was speechless. I was so blessed by their kind hearts to make the trek to my house. What a great ending to my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!